Its a Little Small World

A World of Laughter 

I don't know why I do the things I do, but when I do choose to do them - I do do it well. Yes, Liz Lemon, I said dodo. 
In previous seasons at Two River Theater, I've had a blast creating their holiday window display. But in 2021 there was no winter programming and no need for a display, so I decided to use that creative energy on my own front window.

But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be, on your own front door
Inspired by the white and gold interior of the Walt Disney World version of the classic ride, I made my little small world out of cardstock, printer paper, and parchment paper and tried to mimic the design as best I could.
There is just one moon and golden sun, and a smile means friendship to everyone. I love that. I just think it fits in well with the spirit of Christmas. 
The clocktower and some of the other golden details were made with my handy dandy cricut. The rest of the more abstract shapes were cut by hand as I went along. 
And of course - our feline housemates, John Qunicy Adams & Little Miss Martin Van Buren were there to help me while enjoying a little birdwatching from behind the paper cutouts. 
And Qunicy was even nice enough to give up her spot in the sun for our Charlie Dog. Everyone is so nice at Christmas. There's so much that we share...
I think this will be one of my favorite window creations. The sunlight shinning in through the paper walls of my little small world made me smile every morning. I guess that's why I do the things I do. If it makes you happy - then just keep creating through the laughter, the tears, the hopes and the fears cause its a small world after all. 

Happy Holidays!

Here is some festive Small World music to help get you in a joyous mood. Subscribe to the #TableSettingIsMyLife YouTube channel for more family fun videos. 

For more window decorations and displays at Two River Theater and at home, take a look at these previous posts.

Learn how to make your own paper small world, with step by step instructions for crafting a little paper village.


 And be sure to check out my craft kits, paper decorations and digital downloads at  #TableSettingIsMyLife on Esty.


Comments

Popular Posts