Family, Fun, and Fake Walls: The 2017 Halloween Ball at Two River Theater

From Vaudeville to Victory: My Journey from Events Associate to Event Producer at Two River Theater

In 2017, as the newly appointed Events Associate at Two River Theater, I faced my first major challenge: organizing TRT’s inaugural Halloween Ball. The theme was an abandoned Vaudeville theater, a perfect blend of eerie and nostalgic. Little did I know, this event would be the stepping stone in my career, leading me to become Two River’s Special Events Manager in 2018 and eventually the Events Producer. However, what made this journey truly special was the invaluable support of my family.

One of the standout elements of the event was a fake decaying wall, complete with open frames and holes for guests to pose in. This wasn’t just any wall—it was a labor of love, crafted by none other than the brilliant Bob Benson, aka my Dad. 

The wall wasn’t just a prop; it became a centerpiece for the evening, a photo-op that everyone wanted to be a part of. His craftsmanship and attention to detail brought the abandoned Vaudeville theme to life, making it a major hit with our guests. 

After the Halloween Ball, we moved the wall to my parents’ front yard for Halloween. It transformed the entire yard into a spooky scene, complete with eerie shadows and a chilling atmosphere that thrilled all the trick-or-treaters.
The success of the Halloween Ball marked a significant milestone in my career. It taught me the ability to manage large-scale events and gave me the confidence to continue to grow. By 2018, I was promoted to Special Events Manager and today, I proudly hold the position of Two River’s Event Producer.

Looking back, I’m grateful for the challenges and opportunities that came with organizing that first Halloween Ball. It was more than just an event; it was a project that involved creativity, teamwork, and a touch of family magic. My family's involvement not only made the event a success but also made the experience unforgettable. Their unwavering support and participation were the true highlights of that evening, and I couldn't have done it without them.


By the way, you know who absolutely adored our Halloween photo wall? My sister Chrissy, who never misses a chance for a photo op. As you can see. 


In loving memory of my favorite Halloween enthusiast.
Bob Benson 1954 - 2017

But the wall was just one part of the story. Check out previous Halloween Ball posts for more behind-the-scenes insights.

For more Halloween crafting projects, check out previous spooky season posts

And be sure to check out my craft kits, paper decorations and digital downloads at  #TableSettingIsMyLife on Esty.




Comments

Popular Posts