Opening Day of Baseball: My First Themed Tablescape

I am revisiting one of my very first projects: a baseball-themed tablescape that I initially posted in 2014 (I’m writing this in 2026). This was also my first blog post and at the time, I simply shared photos — no words, just images. Today, I’m excited to finally put words to these photos.

A Grand Slam of Decorations

As a homage to America's favorite pastime, the centerpiece of the display was a vintage baseball poster, which I printed and framed.

I crafted a baseball garland from white paper lanterns and added a red stripe to as stitches of a baseball.

Of course, no baseball-themed event would be complete without the traditional snacks. I had quintessential game-day treats: peanuts, hot dogs, and Cracker JacksFor a touch of sweetness, I added Baby Ruth mini chocolate bars, a nod to one of the sport's greatest legends.

As a fun twist, I placed a little bow on the Cracker Jack boxes because I felt like it.

Among my favorite elements were the special paper cups I made for the popcorn. They added a charming flair to the tablescape. I’ve shared the link here so you can create your own, should you feel inspired.

See how I made the popcorn cups here

Crafting Creativity

Looking back at this project, I’m filled with gratitude and pride for the younger version of myself — a young person who dared to push past fear and share her creativity with the world. I used to be embarrassed by this simple post, but now I see it for what it is - the cornerstone of this company I grew. This blog has opened doors to promotions in my career, led to collaborations like “Crafts with Katie” at the local library, and “Katie’s Crafting Closet” with Two River Theater. This blog led to the start of my Etsy store and be able to support my self. So such gratitude and love. Thank you. 

For those who want to craft along with me, be sure to visit my Etsy store where you can purchase craft kits containing all the materials you need for each project. Let's get creative and make something amazing together!

For more totally family friendly crafts and digital downloads, check out our previous Crafts with Katie posts.





Popular Posts