Crafting Your Own Message in a Bottle: A Nautical Dinner Party
Hello fellow crafters! Today, I'm excited to share a delightful project that brought a touch of the sea to a beautiful coastal wedding—creating message in a bottle table numbers. This project is not only simple and fun but also adds a whimsical, nautical charm to any event!
What You'll Need
Before we dive into the steps, let's gather our supplies:
Clear glass bottles with corks
Sand (about 1 cup per bottle)
Cardstock Paper or Printer Paper
Twine
Seashells
Spray paint
Scissors
Glue gun
Table number template (optional)
Step-by-Step Instructions
- Prepare the Bottles: Start by filling each bottle with approximately 1 cup of sand. I'm actually guessing on the measurement - basically just fill 1/4 of bottle.
- Print Your Message: Print your table numbers on either cardstock or regular printer paper. Cardstock is harder to roll and insert, and stays nicely rolled up. Printer paper is easier to work with, but unrolls easily inside the bottle.
- Insert Table Numbers: Roll up either cardstock or printer paper with the table number showing on outside of roll. Insert into bottle of neck. Use a stick to poke at it until it sits the way you want it to.
- Add Decorative Twine and Shells: Wrap a piece of twine around the neck of each bottle and glue in place. I spray-painted seashells and uses a glue gun to attach a loop around the back of the shell, then hung it loosely around the neck.
- Seal with Corks: Once your decorations are complete, seal each bottle with a cork. This not only keeps the sand and paper secure but also gives the bottles a finished look.
I loved this project so much that I repurposed the concept for a pirate-themed party, transforming them into treasure maps! The possibilities are endless when you let your creativity set sail.
I hope you find as much joy in crafting these message in a bottle projects as I did. Let me know how your projects turn out, and feel free to share your own creative twists! Until next time, happy crafting!
Join the Fun: Embrace Everyday Joy
Born out of a call to help our local library during lockdown, these crafting videos provide full step-by-step guides to fun and engaging craft projects. Whether you're a seasoned artist or just looking for a delightful way to spend an afternoon with the family, these videos are designed to inspire and entertain.


.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)

.png)
.png)
.png)



